Estate Planning Lawyers For All Ages And Stages
Estate planning is essential to ensure that assets are managed and distributed according to your desires in the event of incapacitation or death. Our estate planning attorneys will help you create an estate or business succession plan designed to minimize estate taxes, avoid probate when desired and ensure the orderly administration of your estate. We also help our clients who are responsible for probating an estate after the death of a loved one.
Law Firm Handling Wills, Trusts And Powers Of Attorney
Creative — Responsive — Cost-Effective
Our Salt Lake City estate planning lawyers help clients who want to be sure their estate is divided and distributed according to their wishes. Contact us to learn about the estate planning options available to you.
Our clients are often concerned about protecting their hard-earned assets, avoiding estate taxes, avoiding probate and avoiding family disputes. We address these concerns with a variety of estate planning tools, including wills and trusts:
- Wills: Everyone should have a will, even when most assets are in a trust or trusts. Experts recommend reviewing a will every five years or so — or whenever there has been a major change in the family or asset portfolios. Create or update your will in full accordance with Utah laws.
- Trusts: We counsel clients on the most appropriate types of trusts and educate them in customized ways of structuring them.
- Living wills, medical directives: These documents help family members and medical professionals understand how medical decisions should be made if you are unable to make your own decisions.
- Power of attorney: Our estate planning lawyers draft powers of attorney so that you can designate trusted people to handle financial or medical decisions if you are unable to make decisions because you are incapacitated (because of illness or disability) or you are unavailable (out of the country, for example).
- Business succession planning: If you own a business, you will want to be sure your business is managed and transferred according to your plan.
Terry Jessop & Bitner offers small-firm affordability with results you would expect from a large law firm. For a free consultation to discuss how we can help you and your family, contact a Utah probate attorney today. Phone 385-715-4116 to speak with someone and make an appointment at your convenience.