Representation Of Homeowners Associations
Preplanned communities often require the structure and standards of homeowners associations to retain their quality and value. When investors and developers in the Salt Lake City metro area and beyond get ready to establish homeowners associations (HOAs), they often turn to our law firm, Terry Jessop & Bitner. Our years of experience in business, commercial and real estate law makes our firm a natural choice for homeowners association representatives.
Whether establishing an HOA, operating one or enforcing its rules, our clients depend on our cost-effective approach to addressing legal issues. We assist with setting up HOAs, guiding boards of directors through operations and representing associations when challenges or conflicts arise.
Prepared To Address All Critical Issues
Our Utah business and real estate attorneys are well-versed in all aspects of homeowners associations, including:
- Finance arrangements, including capitalization, loans and loan workouts
- Registry with the state of Utah
- Drafting, review and revision of bylaws, rules and regulations
- Contracts with homeowners and other entities such as builders, remodelers, maintenance entities and security companies
- Construction law matters
- Establishing and enforcing architectural review standards and granting or denying variances
- Defining voting rights and other rights and responsibilities of homeowners
- Outlining and enforcing rules covering issues such as responsibility for water damages between condos or townhomes
- Deed restrictions
Our HOA representation includes helping founders and boards of directors carry out foreclosures and evictions as necessary. Our clients rely on our legal counsel regarding disputes between neighbors and between homeowners and HOAs. We are proficient in all methods of dispute resolution, including litigation and appeals as needed.