Our Practice Areas
Salt Lake City Business Law Attorneys
As a business manager or executive, you need a law firm that understands your priorities and cost-effectively handles legal matters ranging from transactions to courtroom litigation.
Contact the Utah business lawyers at Terry Jessop & Bitner to discuss your legal needs.
Resolving Business Legal Matters
Creative • Responsive • Cost-Effective
At our law firm, you will find business attorneys who respond quickly, creatively and cost-effectively in all of our practice areas:
- Banking and finance: We work closely with the financial industry on matters related to transactions, contracts, loan workouts, mortgage foreclosures, equipment leasing and regulatory compliance.
- Bankruptcy (creditor): Our business lawyers protect the interests of creditors when debtors declare bankruptcy. We’re often able to get past the automatic stay and collect from the debtor.
- Collections: Our firm helps collect money owed to creditors through wage garnishment, mortgage foreclosures, lien foreclosure, vehicle repossession, debtor’s examinations, attachment of assets and other collection methods.
- Business and commercial law: We handle a full range of business transactions, including buying and selling businesses and assets, securing transactions and structuring leases.
- Contracts: We provide comprehensive contract services, including contract drafting, review and negotiation. When there is a contract dispute, we represent clients in contract litigation. From construction contracts and real estate contracts to employment contracts and mortgage agreements, we have the experience to handle a wide range of complex contract issues.
- Business organization: Our business formation lawyers counsel new businesses on entity selection, tax matters, asset protection and other issues important to a new enterprise.
- Construction law: The attorneys at Terry Jessop & Bitner help contractors with real estate transactions, building and construction contracts, negotiations, zoning and land use issues, and entitlement work.
- Employment law: We advise our clients on employment policies and procedures to help prevent employment law violations and possible litigation.
- Real estate law: Our residential and commercial real estate practice guides clients through matters ranging from contract negotiation and review to environmental concerns, including real estate purchase contracts; leasing, condominium, timeshare and homeowners association issues; and construction defects. We also handle title insurance issues for property owners and title companies.
- Estate planning and probate: Estate planning is especially important when business interests are involved. We guide our clients through estate planning and help personal representatives settle estates through the probate process.
- Litigation and appeals: Our experienced business litigation attorneys strive for early, cost-effective resolution of disputes. We represent you effectively in court, in appeals, and in mediation and arbitration.
Terry Jessop & Bitner offers small-firm affordability with results you would expect from a large law firm. For a free consultation to discuss how we can help your business, contact a Utah business attorney today.